LBJ Band Audition Information 2018
Welcome to the LBJ Band Program! We are excited to have you join our award winning organization. To place you into the band class in which you will be the most successful (and have the best time,) we ask that you perform a live audition for a band director. Auditions will be heard in early May. Brass and Woodwinds will be on Saturday, May 5. Percussion audition dates to be announced. Please contact Dr. Lizak at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Major Scales Please prepare all 12 major scales for your audition.
- Prepared Etudes Perform the etude ‘cuts’ listed below. We encourage all students to perform each cut at whatever tempo allows you to best demonstrate your skills as a musician.
- Optional Solo You are strongly encouraged to play an advanced solo excerpt of your choosing. This should showcase your abilities as a musician in order to help us get a full understanding of where you are in your musical development.
- Sight-Reading Each student may be asked to sight read a short etude.
Sign-Ups – Google Drive link
All incoming woodwind and brass students will choose an audition time slot on Saturday, May 5th, 2018. Click on the date below that works best for you. Percussion auditions – email Dr. Lizak at email@example.com.
Below are the etude cuts for each instrument. These etudes will be used for all incoming students auditioning for band placement at LBJ/LASA.
BRASS – audition music
- LBJ Audition Music_Flute
- LBJ Audition Music_Oboe
- LBJ Audition Music – Clarinet
- LBJ Audition Music_Bass Clarinet
- LBJ Audition Music_Bassoon
- LBJ Audition Music_Saxophone
JAZZ BAND – audition music